It’s labour day weekend!! The first weekend of the summer that we don’t have any real plans. Because we have a daughter who is starting kindergarten next week and we’re taking the time this weekend to do some much needed fall cleaning, organizing the kids clothes for school and making some school safe snacks.
Talking about snacks, today i’m sharing with your our FAVOURITE popsicle recipe.
We have an abundance of cucumbers in our garden this year and in looking for a way to use them before they go bad, I’ve made them into the yummiest popsicles EVER!!
I’m telling you!! I initially made these frozen treats for myself but turns out once my daughter tasted it she ONLY wants these ones. Forget about the pineapple orange, strawberry cream or blueberry ones I’ve made over the summer- this new recipe takes the cake. Sweet and a little sour with a hint of ginger
The original recipe I found online was made with sugar so I healthified it by eliminating the refined sugar and lightly sweetening them using maple syrup. The result is a perfect combo of sweetness and tartness.
These popsicles are:
- Sweet and tart
- Bet u can’t just have one!!!
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2-1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Cut and scrape out the cucumber seeds (if your cucumbers are the garden variety that have big seeds you must discard the seeds. Trust me if u don't, you will have weird seed particles that u may mistake for flecks of plastic. If ur using the store bought English cucumbers you can probably get away with keeping the seeds intact)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Freeze in popsicles molds until frozen and enjoy !!!
Let me know if these are your new family favourite!!
In Nutrition & Health