Here is my frozen, dairy free, gluten free, peanut butter chocolate cheesecake recipe.
I had you at frozen didn’t I?
I love cheesecake!
I really do.
But I’m not a huge fan of all the processed and fattening ingredients (I’m talking bad fats) that go in it.
But that doesn’t mean that I can’t indulge my tastebuds every once in awhile with a healthy, full of good fat, raw, vegan, gluten free, scrumptious and delicious frozen cheesecake of my own. And since I like cheesecake, and anything peanut butter and chocolate (together or separately I don’t discriminate!) I’ve created this decadent frozen dessert you can enjoy and share with your loved ones!
I stress the sharing part of this recipe because it is very very rich.
Most raw cheesecake recipes I see have double the amount of cashews and are almost twice as thick as the one I’ve made here, which is just way tooooooo much for me to handle, even in a little slice.
So this cake will give you just enough, and is rich enough that you honestly can’t eat a whole lot of it. So put it in the freezer and save for the next time you have a cheesecake craving come on.
Tip: if you’re having multiple parties on different days and really don’t want to make this recipe twice, I suggest going the personal dessert route using the ramekins or the muffin tins as opposed to the spring foam pan. That way each person has their own individual little dessert which means less waste if you have a cake cutter who is slicing too big of pieces!!
ps, if you’re looking close enough at the picture you’ll notice that there aren’t peanuts but almonds on the top of the chocolate. I’ve tried this recipe with almond butter but it just wasn’t as satisfying as the peanuts. Still very delicious tho, you decide what you want to use!!
- ½ cup almonds
- 4 moist dates (if they're on the dry side, add a Tbsp of water)
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 cup raw cashews soaked for a few hours , or soaked in boiling hot water for 30 minutes if you’re in a time crunch
- ¾ -1 cup organic and natural smooth peanut butter (salted or unsalted)
- 3 ounces maple syrup
- 1 ounce coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 -3/4 cup chocolate chips melted (I like Enjoy Life brand which has 3 ingredients, white sugar isn't one of them!)
- 3 Tbsp roasted peanuts
- Line a spring foam pan with parchment paper. If you don’t have a spring foam pan you can use a casserole dish or individual ramekins (12 or more), or even a muffin tin with the paper liners.
- Mix the crust ingredients in a food processor or blender until crumbly. (caution with high powered blenders: don't blend too long or you'll have peanut butter)
- Press the crust mixture down into the spring foam pan or muffin tin liners. (you can prepare this in advance and freeze until ready to fill with the topping)
- Drain cashews and add to blender or food processor with remaining filling ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour or spoon the mixture filling on top of the crust and let freeze overnight.
- For topping, melt the chocolate chips and spread or drizzle on top of frozen cheesecake, then immediately place the peanuts on top to secure as the chocolate hardens. Return to freezer and let thaw in room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.